So what is this post about? Well, as retro and baking are some of my first loves, reading is something that isn't even love for me anymore. It's a need, a craving. Something that I cannot go a day without doing, and when the timing is right I can plow through a book a day.
So you can imagine my excitement when my boyfriend's mother just gave me a Kobo. No reason except that she had two and knows that I like to read. Now I am waiting (not so patiently) for my boyfriend to set it up. However even though I am excited to enter the virtual book world, I have a growing list of books which I refuse to buy electronically. I want to feel the crispness of the pages between my fingers and gaze upon glossy photos and endless words.
What are these books you ask? What could I possibly want in a tangible form rather than have neatly tucked into an e-reader? Why biographies and retro-goodness of course!
So here is my list of books to purchase (in physical form) - who know's you may be interested!
- Fragments : by Marilyn Monroe (from Amazon.com " Fragments is an unprecedented collection of written artifacts—notes to herself, letters, even poems—in Marilyn’s own handwriting, never before published, along with rarely seen intimate photos")
- The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe : by J. Randy Taraborrelli
- Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn : by Pamela Keogh ( A fun and fabulous guide to modern-retro sophistication, celebrating two iconic American women who define timeless style.)
- Tough Without a Gun: The Life and Extraordinary Afterlife of Humphrey Bogart : by Stefan Kanfer
- The Big Sleep : by Raymond Chandler
- Guys and Dolls : Damon Runyon
- By Myself and Then Some : by Lauren Bacall (gee, can you tell why I want this one?)
For now that is it on my book list, please if you know any others I should be looking for then tell me!